"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
Huxley, T.H.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 2 - Thing 3 Pointers from lifelong learning

The 7 1/2 habits tutorial was very interesting. I think the one habit I can most likely relate to is Habit 7 1/2 - Play! I love playing and definitely am still a child at heart. I think if it isn't fun, then you should find a way to make it fun! The hardest habit listed was Habit 4 - Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. I know that I am a very visual learner and like to see an example of how something is done before I try it. This often means I am timid to try things for the first time, in fear of doing something wrong. On the other hand, I love to learn new things and share the new information with other people.

1 comment:

persnicketyfits said...

A limerick that I composed to encourage you:
There once was a girl named Broken Running Pinky,
Who believed her technology skills were stinky.
Despite her serious misgivings,
She signed up for 23 Things,
And all her hard work was rewarded with a Twinkie.