"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
Huxley, T.H.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 6 - Thing 14 Web 2.0 and Library 2.0

First of all, I can remember watching the YouTube video previously and not knowing what some of the sites or terms in the video meant. I know I most be learning something through all these assignments, because I was able to focus more on the content of the video and not get lost in trying to figure out what all the sites mean. I still find the video a little nerve wracking. I guess in my mind I like to think of the library as it was when I was a child - musty, old books and chairs all around to sit down and read. There wasn't a computer in site and everyone had what the needed. (I'm not so old computers weren't around then, our county was just that poor.) On the flip side, when Horizon was down today I missed it dearly. I guess I will just have to keep forging ahead with Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 and keep my childhood memories close to my heart.

No comments: