"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
Huxley, T.H.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 7 - Thing 16 Wiki's are kind of wacky!

I have to admit I am not a huge fan of of wiki's in general. Watching the slide presentation, Wiki's: A Beginner's Look, one of the first statements summed up my dislikes.
Wiki's aren't for everyone! If control is really important to you, then a wiki probably isn't the right tool.
I did try to keep an open mind as I completed the discovery exercises and found a couple of them really easy to use. I really like the centralization of all the popular technology sites on the Library 2.0 in 15 Minutes a Day site. And playing around on the Book Lovers Wiki was also fun. I can see the overall real beauty of a wiki working for libraries. I love the idea of sharing ideas. I just hate the idea of anyone editing your post.

No comments: